From: "Daniel Schledermann (TypoConsult A/S)" <daniel@×××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] xeon server
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:26:42
Geisel Sierote wrote:

>Sorry. > >This is better: > >I'm installing gentoo - kernel 2.6.x in a server with the specifications >above. This will be an apache + php 5.0 + mysql 4.1 server. The server >will be instaled on an internal network. > >2 x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.66GHz >2GB RAM >2 HD SCSI 36GB RAID 1 >1 HD IDE 80 GB > >
Its a powerful machine, no doubt. but.. Are you planning any form of CMS on the server? PHP5 & MySQL 4.1 might not be the best choice for that. Whats the 80G disk for? Seems like an overkill for internal network. /D -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-performance] xeon server Geisel Sierote <geisel@×××××××.br>