From: Roman Zimmermann <mereandor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Speeding up program starts with squashfs
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 21:09:31
1 Am Mittwoch 09 Mai 2007 21:46 schrieb Derek Tracy:
2 > Right but isn't it possible to utilize readahead to "pre-load" a ramdisk,
3 > that way the io is happening before X is even ready to come up.
4
5 That sounds more interesting now. I think I did mean something else with
6 readahead at first. So if I really want to speed up things (more) there is no
7 way around replacing sysvinit? (Still sounds a bit scary to me ...)