From: Matthew Groote-Kirsch <mkirsch@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] best Gcc compilzation flags
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:53:09
1 On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:45:03 +0500
2 "Server Tuneup mission" <talha@×××××××××××××.pk> wrote:
3
4 > i want to setup machine for proxy server anyother tunning recommended ?
5
6 I run a small home network with my main machine serving as a NAT firewall using iptables/netfilter. It is also a daily use desktop and runs just fine for my needs - NAT is very transparent and, as for performance, I can't even tell it's running. I haven't had to do any additional tuning other than the norm, and clients on my network get throughput nearly identical to the server.
7
8 So far this has been very successful without dealing with the constraints of proxy servers. I am certainly no expert and invite those better informed than myself to chime in, but if you need the security of a proxy server for some reason, I believe most people are using squid ("emerge search squid").
9
10 Matthew
13 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list