From: Joel Merrick <joel@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Gentoo-performance forum?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:03:01
Roman Gaufman wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:35:45 +0100, Joel Merrick <joel@×××××××××××.com> wrote: > > >>Rather than a forum, wouldn't it be better to implement an acutal >>performance DB? >> >> >> >What? > >
A 'proper' database that contains your hardware, architecture, optimization flags, hdparm, kernel & tuning, phase of the moon, mother's horroscope ;) You know what I mean! Not just a mish-mash of forum posts. ;)
Sorry, I never took these to be 'issues', only an aid to assessing your systems performance against others... where IS the mistery? I can't find it? Re-read the original post.. 1) CFLAGS 2) LDFLAGS 3) Acovea 4) FS benchmarks 5) Raid benchmarks 6) Random performance patches like modifying /etc/init.d 7) Random sysctrl settings 8) Hdparm settings 9) Random hard drive benchmarks 10) Any other tips like nfs configuration. Err... where's the hardware? It *might* be important to know.. appologies if this was noted in a prior mail to this, but that's why I asked the question.