From: Patrick Audley <paudley@××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] best Gcc compilzation flags
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:34:04
On Monday 29 November 2004 13:34, Ervin Németh wrote:
> Uwe Thiem wrote: > > -funroll-loops isn't that good an idea because an unrolled loop might the > > cache.
It's good on some things but definitely pessimises code on machines with smaller caches. I can't resist a shameless plug for a script I have that benchmarks code (full applications even - like lame for mp3 encoding) using different cflags or gcc versions. Best Wishes, Patrick. -- "The axiom 'An honest man has nothing to fear from the police' is currently under review by the Axiom Review Board" -- Terry Prachett, "Men At Arms" ... Patrick Audley paudley@××××××××.ca Blackcat Systems Bringing Elegance to Complexity -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list