From: Bart <scarfboy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] ramdisk
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:30:20
Neat, although it would be more practical to simply use your
usual RAM, well, pretty much completely analogously to the
processor's L2 cache.

A software solution rather than a hardware one. It probably
wouldn't be generally applicable as the filesystem itself would
have to support or in fact just implement it, (or the io layer
understand specific filesystems, which is just troublesome)
but it would be a workable improvement, or just extension to
modern filesystems.