From: Mansour Moufid <mansourmoufid@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Horrible performance
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:03:30
1 On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I just added this some days ago in order to give debug information for a a
3 > bug in strigi I had reported. I forgot to take it out, but so far only few
4 > packages were compiled with this setting. But thanks for mentioning this,
5 > I removed the debug setting now.
6 > But should it matter? Optimization still happens. And when these
7 > interrupts hapen, the CPU is not at 100%.
8 >
9 > I do not use march=native because I sometimes use another host with
10 > distcc.
11
12 Oh, I thought that might have been behind the memory issue...
13
14 But actually it sounds like you don't have direct rendering? Check
15 with glxinfo (from x11-apps/mesa-progs):
16
17 $ glxinfo | grep -i direct
18
19 If not then check out this thread in the forums for the correct kernel
20 configuration:
21 <http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-840613-highlight-radeon+3200.html>
22
23 If that works you can also try building the KDE libraries with -Os to
24 help with memory. I don't think you should be using swap at all.
27 Mansour Moufid