From: lnxg33k <lnxg33k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Speeding up program starts with squashfs
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 19:56:23
1 I can't speak about squashfs. However, as Derek Tracy eluded to, you can do
2 other things to improve performance such as running a different init system. I
3 remembering trying init-ng a while back and it ran fine, but I didn't want to
4 take the time to mess with it too much and reverted back to sysVinit. There is
5 a wiki on different init systems [1].
6
7 You may also want to check the forums for discussions on bootchart. This is a
8 boot time monitor that generates graphs of load times. I've never run it, but
9 people seem to get a lot of success from it. Hopefully that's some useful place
10 to start even if it's not related to squashfs.
11
12 [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Speed_up_your_boot_time
13 --
14 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list