From: lnxg33k <lnxg33k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Speeding up program starts with squashfs
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 19:56:23
I can't speak about squashfs. However, as Derek Tracy eluded to, you can do
other things to improve performance such as running a different init system. I
remembering trying init-ng a while back and it ran fine, but I didn't want to
take the time to mess with it too much and reverted back to sysVinit. There is
a wiki on different init systems [1].

You may also want to check the forums for discussions on bootchart. This is a
boot time monitor that generates graphs of load times. I've never run it, but
people seem to get a lot of success from it. Hopefully that's some useful place
to start even if it's not related to squashfs.