From: Patrick <patrick@××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] portage database layer [Was: Testing, testing...]
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:51:21
I suppose you could also integrate things like `groups` and `classes` so you
could have standard packages for all your installed systems if they are in
those groups. Something a bit like zero-conf from apple ?

That i suppose you could do without actually having a database layer
although a database layer with some nice administration tools would sure
make it easier.