From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] perl 5.10
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 04:45:23
1 On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Adam Prime <adam.prime@××××××××.ca> wrote:
2
3 > Are there any instructions around about how to install 5.10.0 from
4 > perl-experimental without catalyst etc etc? I guess there isn't really
5 > any harm in installing catalyst, and all it's dependencies (other than
6 > time), but I was till wondering.
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 >
10 > Adam
13 I'm confused, how does installing catalyst have anything on Perl 5.10
14 dependencies.
15
16 They may all be in the same overlay, but dependency tracking still works as
17 normal.
18
19 I don't myself *see* anything that would cause installation of Perl 5.10 to
20 *require* the installation of Catalyst .
21
22 If it is telling you that you need to install catalyst, then you'll probably
23 want to reply with a paste of the dependency tree how your machine resolves
24 it, because that's rather unusual.
28 Kent
29
30 perl -e "print substr( \"edrgmaM SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 )