From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Scalar::Util qw( weaken )
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:10:22
Hi!

> I'd love to use emerge for all my cpan needs, but it's hard to believe > that's possible. :(
Well, at least not for now. ;)
> It's usual for me to take some module from CPAN just to evaluate it in > several minutes and drop. Installing it manually isn't an option because > it may need up to 20-30 other modules as dependencies. Ask in list to add > them in portage has a little sense because chances are I'll not need it > after a day and it's hard to wait for several days until it will be added.
It won't be added to portage, but to the perl-experimental overlay. However, if it depends on 20-30 modules it would be difficult, as someone would need to maintain it then. Talk to you soon, Michele. -- Michele Beltrame http://www.italpro.net/ ICQ 76660101 - SkyPe arthas77