From: Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Scalar::Util qw( weaken )
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:10:22
1 Hi!
2
3 > I'd love to use emerge for all my cpan needs, but it's hard to believe
4 > that's possible. :(
5
6 Well, at least not for now. ;)
7
8 > It's usual for me to take some module from CPAN just to evaluate it in
9 > several minutes and drop. Installing it manually isn't an option because
10 > it may need up to 20-30 other modules as dependencies. Ask in list to add
11 > them in portage has a little sense because chances are I'll not need it
12 > after a day and it's hard to wait for several days until it will be added.
13
14 It won't be added to portage, but to the perl-experimental overlay. However, if
15 it depends on 20-30 modules it would be difficult, as someone would need to
16 maintain it then.
17
18 Talk to you soon,
19 Michele.