From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] perl-5.8.8
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:37:44
1 On Thursday 30 March 2006 01:01, J.A. wrote:
2 > Sorry if this is a dumb question but i will ask it:
3 >
4 > 5.8.8-r1 --- does it have documented problems executing inside C++
5
6 Not that I'm aware of. The bump was because of a documented problem building
7 C++ extensions in perl (XS using C++ to build the linking libraries between
8 applications and perl).
11 > .If i could use perl inside my cross-platform C++ programming that would
12 > be nice since most cheap servers run perl these days. Correct me if i am
13 > wrong.
14
15 It can be done, afraid I'm no expert on inlining perl into c code though
16 (anyone?).
17
18 And yes, most cheap (and not so cheap) servers run perl these days :)
22 > --
23 > J.A. <HEBLACK@×××××××××××.COM>
24
25 ~mcummings