From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Problem with g-cpan and Task::Catalyst
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:43:56
On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 13:12 +0100, Michele Beltrame wrote:

> ACCESS DENIED mkdir: /root/.cpanplus > *** You are not allowed to write to the directory '/root/.cpanplus'; > the installation may fail due to insufficient permissions. > > The complete report of the error is at the bottom of this message. > I am root, so I should have the correct permissions. Morevoer, if I > install this way: > > cpan -i Task::Catalyst > > that is, directly with CPAN, everything works correctly and the > .cpanplus directory gets created with no problem. > > Any idea? > > Thanks, Michele.
ideas: plenty; solutions: none atm. We get into a hairy area where cpanplus is getting pulled in by one of the deps, probably via an autopackage, and it has generated a bad config file for you (since it wasn't installed interactively) which among other problems, points to portage_tmp and /root/ for certain things. the quickest solution would be to fire up cpanplus and reconfigure it (should have similar options to cpan interactive in this regard) so that everything is pointing right again, worst case hand munging the config file that got plopped into vendor. I had thought about generating a good (patched) ebuild for cpanplus, but time has been a bit short of late. i'm curious whether you tried the bundle for catalyst or not - my last attempt at the everything bundle was bullox since the bundle was missing a bundle file (silly catalyst devs). I realize this isn't a clean solution, but it would at least get you over the hump (hopefully). ~mcummings