From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] how it goes with perl 5.10
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:50:02
> One problem is portage is removing old perl > 5.8 modules when emerging new ones. I don't > think this is needed, as long as @INC is correct.
Should be built properly via perl's normal make cycle. Intention is to leave the old library in place to avoid the user having to-rebuild everything from scratch every time.
Yup: backing off the executable will run a perl with the older @INC higher up in the versions. -- Steven Lembark 85-09 90th St. Workhorse Computing Woodhaven, NY, 11421 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508