From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Big Perl Packages and g-cpan
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:45:07
1 On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:16:22 -0800
2 "Michael Higgins" <mhiggins@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello, List --
5 >
6 > Shot in the dark here... anyone on the list using any big,
7 > multi-module perl packages but finding that g-cpan just ain't doin'
8 > it for ya?
9 >
10 > If so, anyone find a suitable practice to avoid it? (Outside of
11 > making an ebuild, of course.)
12 >
13 > I've found that CPAN is just fine to use in the past. But g-cpan
14 > doesn't seem to do much except get in the way when given a build of
15 > any real complexity.
16 >
17 > It seems like maybe CPAN.pm could be patched to emerge any modules
18 > maintained the portage when needed by CPAN. If I dump g-cpan, should
19 > I also emerge -C any modules built with portage and build them with
20 > CPAN?
21 >
22 > Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 >
26 You know, if you gave me an example package I could see about getting
27 g-cpan working for you ;)
30 ~mike, g-cpan guy
35 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
36 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
37 Gentoo/SPARC
38 Gentoo/AMD64
39 GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E
41 --
42 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list