From: Chisel Wright <chisel@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] g-cpan -u
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:33:01
1 On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 09:09:15PM +0000, Chisel Wright wrote:
2 > No problem, if I'm online and have some time spare I'll try to
3 > investigate futher myself.
4
5 I've only skimmed over g-cpan.pl, but I can't see anywhere in sub
6 upgrade_module{} where the CPAN version is compared against the
7 currently installed version.
8
9 It seems to confirm that $fullname is 'perl-gcpan', sets a couple of
10 CPAN::Config options, then just does a $pack->make()
11
12 I'll be honest and say that I can't work out what's going on with the
13 line:
14
15 my $pack = $CPAN::META->instance( ... );
16
17 A quick grep of 'perldoc CPAN' doesn't have any hits but I do see it
18 declared in CPAN.pm. I really don't have the time to read and grok the
19 source for that ... !
20 --
21 Chisel Wright
22 e: chisel@×××××××××××××.uk
23 w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/
24
25 No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.
26 --
27 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list