From: Chisel Wright <chisel@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Catalyst installation using g-cpan
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:20:45
1 On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 02:33:56PM +0200, Antoine Raillon wrote:
2 >
3 > On Dim 3 juillet 2005 19:45, Michael Cummings a écrit :
4 > > On Sunday 03 July 2005 10:50, Michele Beltrame wrote:
5 > >> Is this a problem in how Catalyst "announces" the missing prerequisites?
6 > >>
7 > > Oh, for time and time and time to work on this :)
8 >
9 > never thought about a perl version of portage, who could handle both CPAN
10 > and portage deps ? =)
11 > Gentoo would definitively be the *ultimate* distro with a package manager
12 > in perl ;)
13
14 The thing I find frustrating about g-cpan.pl is that it doesn't seem to
15 be aware of newer releases of modules.
16
17 So if I've got an ebuild Catalyst-5.23.ebuild created by g-cpan.pl, if
18 5.30 is released another run of g-cpan.pl does nothing.
19
20 Does anyone know how easy this would be to fix/add? Or is this something
21 that someone like myself should be investigating and submitting a patch
22 for?
23
24 Chisel
25 --