From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] g-cpan does not detect perltidy
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:47:17
or at least error and say that it is an ebuild already. is the module
separable from the package though? Just wondering...

btw, the real issue here is that g-cpan is kinda dumb when it comes to
packages that rename themselves (like /perl-tidy/i vs /perltidy/i) - i
have thoughts on ways to correct this in the next version, always open
to suggestions :) (my thoughts center around a config file that is
updateable containing the list of 'unusual' mappings)

 On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:30:43 +0200
Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info> wrote:

> Hi all! > > I'm discussing about this here, as I don't know wether it could be > considered a bug. > > If I do: > > g-cpan -i Perl::Tidy > > it attempts to download and install Perl-Tidy. However, that module is
> already provided (along with a console command) by Gentoo in the form
> > dev-perl/perltidy > > I guess g-cpan should install this...? > > Michele. >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-perl] g-cpan does not detect perltidy Michele Beltrame <admin@×××××××××.info>