From: Antoine Raillon <antoine.raillon@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] SVN - new things
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:26:03
1 Heya world,
2
3 For those amongst you who like fancy colors (and better features ;p),
4 I've added Chora to my server.
5
6 <copy-paste from horde.org>
7 Chora is our tool for viewing code repositories that are managed using
8 the CVS or Subversion source control systems. It aims to provide a high
9 degree of integration with CVS, SVN and the other Horde web-based tools.
10
11 Right now, Chora comes close to matching existing CVS-Web scripts
12 feature for feature, and provides a solid base for future development.
13 Some exciting new features include a visual branch viewing tool, which
14 intelligently displays the branch history of a given file. Branches have
15 traditionally been a source of confusion when using CVS, and this
16 feature aims to make it a bit clearer and easier to use.
17
18 Chora is designed from the ground-up with customisability in mind, since
19 Version Control Systems are used in a variety of different ways. Because
20 of this, all the repository manipulation logic is abstracted away in our
21 VC library module. The main PHP scripts are simple HTML rendering
22 scripts, while the complex repository logic is hidden away in the
23 library. This library can be used for a variety of other uses, such as
24 searching for commits, graph generation, change collation, etc (all
25 features planned for eventual inclusion into Chora).
26 </copy-paste from horde.org>
27
28 So
29