From: "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o, gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] 5.8.8-rc1
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:03:22
1 On Tuesday 24 January 2006 07:21 am, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > Just in case nobody noticed this weekend ;)
3 >
4 > Perl 5.8.8 RC1 is in portage. It is currently package masked, so either
5 > update /etc/portage/package.unmask or manually tweak
6 > $PORTDIR/profiles/package.mask, whatever floats your boat. It is my
7 > intention (yea, for what good that does :) to leave the RC's in package
8 > mask, mostly because they're intended for people to test out and offer
9 > feedback on the maintenance release prior to it being marked stable (so
10 > I don't want people putting this into production, for instance).
11 >
12 > Here are some things I know are broken:
13 > * PDL won't build. I think this is an EU::MM bug and have a patch
14 > submitted to mschwern for feedback.
15 > * SVN won't build. This is actually due to a swig bug and is fixed
16 > upstream (RC2 hopefully)
17 > * wxperl doesn't build. Not sure why, haven't had time to trace the c
18 > errors, could be related to above, could be something completely
19 > different.
20 >
21 > These were the only problems I ran into after working on 350+ packages
22 > this weekend, so I guess all in all not a bad take (also worked a bit on
23 > perl-cleaner to get more accurate rebuilds). You know where to find me
24 > if you have complaints,
25
26 Wow - 350+ packages - a busy weekend.
27 One question: can you tell me in general what 'perl-cleaner' does?
30 > ~mcummings
33 Aloha => Beau;
36 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list