From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-perl@l.g.o, kang@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Candidates for removal from dev-perl
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:53:13
1 On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 14:28 -0400, Daniel Westermann-Clark wrote:
2 > The dev-perl/VCP-autrijus package is a dep of the (currently missing)
3 > dev-perl/VCP-Dest-svk, which gives SVK the ability to mirror CVS and
4 > other foreign repositories.
5 >
6 > I'm okay with maintaining these two packages in my overlay if the
7 > decision is made to remove VCP-autrijus, but there's no harm in
8 > asking. :)
9 >
10 > CC'ing kang, since he's the svk maintainer.
13 fwiw, i'm ok with keeping it too :) The list was originally just to
14 point that we had 80+ ebuilds in dev-perl that were not deps of anything
15 (and therefore candidates for the "why can't g-cpan handle these
16 instead?" line of thinking). Unfortunately my grasp of the english
17 language failed me when sending it and what I ended up with "here list.
18 me kick."
19
20 For example, there were a number of ebuilds that were added to support
21 incoming packages that never actually made it incoming (most of those
22 had bug numbers attached to them).
28 > Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
29 > Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
30 > Gentoo/SPARC
31 > Gentoo/AMD64
32 > GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E
37 gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list