From: antoine.raillon@××××.com
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Réf. : Re: [gentoo-perl] perl gentoolkit ?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:34:10
well, beu would probably answer better than me
svn supports branching of cours, how is the question ;)
and having a full tree support.. dunno if it's useful, but it can be done

need an expert opinion on this one ;p

In case we join everything in a big toolkit, is using the
svn-with-full-tree the best way to do it ?

I mean, the final aspect of the package sould be considered. If we import
g-cpan now in a tree structure and add each small prog one after the other,
it'll be easy (but changing package name en route would be mandatory then).

So, to summarize, we've different solutions :

1/ we put every tool in a tree structure right now and release a new
2/ we let g-cpan in his own tree (full-tree compliant) and think about
merging way later
3/ we don't touch anything ;) (except maybe a name change)

/me is not sure this mail is really clear.. bah, will see ;p

             Michael Cummings
   >                                                   Pour
             12/05/2005 15:00                                           cc
                 Veuillez              Re: [gentoo-perl] perl gentoolkit ?
                répondre à

Still a good idea - was more on the horizon type idea (not this week). But
your right, changing now is better than later :)

While we're at changing though - do we want to consider a different dir
structure? Like a bin/ man/ lib? set of dirs to store in? How does svn
branching? (or do we even need to worry about branching?) I only ask
the tarball I push up when this is in portage has a bin/ and man/ (well,
know, for the script and the man page...duh...sorry...) and I wasn't sure
there was anything like that we should be doing on the back end (not
on this one - i'm easy either way, just thought I'd throw it out there if
dirs were going to get moved around anyway).

-- -----o()o--------------------------------------------- Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl Gentoo Perl Dev | on -----o()o--------------------------------------------- [rattachement "attfjkfq.dat" supprimé par ANTOINE RAILLON - E233469/users/PSA] -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list