From: antoine.raillon@××××.com
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Réf. : Re: [gentoo-perl] perl gentoolkit ?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:34:10
1 well, beu would probably answer better than me
2 svn supports branching of cours, how is the question ;)
3 and having a full tree support.. dunno if it's useful, but it can be done
4 ;p
5
6 need an expert opinion on this one ;p
7
8 In case we join everything in a big toolkit, is using the
9 svn-with-full-tree the best way to do it ?
10
11 I mean, the final aspect of the package sould be considered. If we import
12 g-cpan now in a tree structure and add each small prog one after the other,
13 it'll be easy (but changing package name en route would be mandatory then).
14
15 So, to summarize, we've different solutions :
16
17 1/ we put every tool in a tree structure right now and release a new
18 package
19 2/ we let g-cpan in his own tree (full-tree compliant) and think about
20 merging way later
21 3/ we don't touch anything ;) (except maybe a name change)
24 /me is not sure this mail is really clear.. bah, will see ;p
29 Michael Cummings
30 <mcummings@gento
31 o.org> Pour
32 gentoo-perl@l.g.o
33 12/05/2005 15:00 cc
34
35 Objet
36 Veuillez Re: [gentoo-perl] perl gentoolkit ?
37 répondre à
38 gentoo-perl@gent
39 oo.org
47 Still a good idea - was more on the horizon type idea (not this week). But
48 your right, changing now is better than later :)
49
50 While we're at changing though - do we want to consider a different dir
51 structure? Like a bin/ man/ lib? set of dirs to store in? How does svn
52 handle
53 branching? (or do we even need to worry about branching?) I only ask
54 because
55 the tarball I push up when this is in portage has a bin/ and man/ (well,
56 you
57 know, for the script and the man page...duh...sorry...) and I wasn't sure
58 if
59 there was anything like that we should be doing on the back end (not
60 burning
61 on this one - i'm easy either way, just thought I'd throw it out there if
62 dirs were going to get moved around anyway).