From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [gentoo-perl] r33 - in trunk: bin extra-docs
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:36:45
1 I'd favor not showing usage - they make a mistake, they should read the man or
2 run it without options to see where they screwed up :)
5 On Tuesday 17 May 2005 02:59 am, antoine.raillon@××××.com wrote:
6 > Sorry i didn't had enough free time to made all my tests :/
7 >
8 > however I extensively tested the "user - overlays - no rights" case, and
9 > everything runs fine, with or without pre-cached ~/.cpan
10 >
11 > btw, thinking about a small visual detail : when user makes an error, he's
12 > prompted with 1/ an error message and 2/ exit_usage(). But exit_usage() is
13 > now quite long and often hides the error message (at least in my terms ;p).
14 > Would it be a good thing to have an exit_short() or to avoid calling
15 > exist_usage() in such case ?
16 >
17 > --
18 > cab
23 > Michael Cummings
24 > <mcummings@gento
25 > o.org> Pour
26 > gentoo-perl@l.g.o
27 > 16/05/2005 16:36 cc
28 >
29 > Objet
30 > Veuillez Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [gentoo-perl]
31 > répondre à r33 - in trunk: bin extra-docs
32 > gentoo-perl@gent
33 > oo.org
42 > Install
44 > Upgrade
45 > List
46 >
47 > as user with overlay access
48 > user without overlay access
49 > root with overlays
50 > root without overlays
51 >
52 > These are the tests I've done at various stages
53 >