From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-perl] Another g-cpan question
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:55:09
1 That's right folks, shape the future of the next release of g-cpan!
2
3 *cough* *cough*
4
5 OK, next question I'm torn on (btw, verdict with 2 whole feedbacks was
6 that YAML was an acceptable dep). I'm in a position where I can tweak
7 some simple code based on the more comprehensive dep list and list DEPs,
8 or I can take some time (and time == slightly larger memory footprint)
9 and maintain module-version in the DEP list. Thoughts? On the one hand,
10 g-cpan is a "for entertainment purposes only" tool, ie, the ebuilds it
11 generates are intended for use on your box only, not for mass
12 distribution to the masses (for starters, there's no such thing as QA on
13 what its doing - its the risk you take using something that blindly
14 installs cpan modules). On the other hand, the power is there to do
15 it...opinions?