From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] Specific example of make test failure returning $? of 0
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:07:34
On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 05:00 -1000, Beau E. Cox wrote:

> Sorry I didn't make that clearer - the results below were generated > _completely_ outside of portage; for each test I manually unpacked, > perl, make, make test in the traditional way. The only > thing I can see that was different was the perl I used (same make, same > version of Extutils::Command, etc. ). >
But in the tests results you pasted (or at least what I read) the tests failed in the same ways, the only discernable difference being from different versions of Test::(more? simple? same package, you know what I mean :)
> I guess I will proceed to get into big trouble by building a perl in > portage (overriding the standard) with the configuration I used in > my /home/beau perl. If my system is still running :) I'll get back to > you soon. >
I'd be curious to see where the deliminating factor is that could result in different return codes on dies...that's just plain lala :)
> PS: Sorry about posting the patch on the list - will bugzilla from now on. >
Bah, if i didn't give the disclaimer, i'd regret it later. now i have it in writing somewhere ;)
> -- > Aloha => Beau; >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-perl] [SOLVED]Specific example of make test failure returning $? of 0 "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox@×××××××××.com>