From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Some improvements
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:27:58

David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>:

> On Wednesday 18 February 2009 16:53:43 Christian Faulhammer wrote: > > Hi, > > > > another round for my patch burst. Comment, apply or die. > > You might want to read up on "git commit --amend" and "git > rebase --interactive" ;-)
Grrr, I hate Git. :) I will.
> > punt table default-function-table, as the contents corresponds with > > default-phase-function-table > > Patches 08 and 21 > > These are technically separate concepts - there could conceivable be > an EAPI that has default_ functions but not default itself. On the > other hand, it's not really a big deal, and easy to reverse this > change if necessary (probably quite unlikely anyway).
It is a current snapshot, so at the moment we have doubled information where not necessary.
> > Generate date on titlepage from last commit > > Patch 11 > > This fails if it's not built from a git working tree, as happens with > git.eclass and pms-99999999.ebuild, and also any snapshot that anyone > may or may not want to distribute in future.
A check for an empty \VCDateISO could be made and set it to \today (or whatever). Anyway, having the same date on the same (content-wise) PMS, generated on different machines is nice. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:>