From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Patches for your reviewing pleasure: Various improvements, including cheat sheet
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:56:08
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4
5 > On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:44:48 +0200
6 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
7 > > It isn't about managing the files but about getting into the
8 > > code. A root directory with only five files is easier to grasp for
9 > > a beginner than with 20. The move isn't hard, so we can do this at
10 > > every point in the future.
11 >
12 > I agree with you on the principle, but not on the numbers. It's not
13 > worth using subdirectories until 'ls' output won't fit on one screen.
14
15 Having actually done the change, does make the thing look really
16 good. After a make run all the .log, .aux and whatever files are also
17 around.
18
19 > > > > I wanted to add it when all labels for all EAPIs are ready.
20 > > >
21 > > > I thought they were. Didn't I do labels for 1 and 2 things?
22 > >
23 > > I wasn't sure if they were complete...anyway, I now have EAPI 3
24 > > properly referenced. You want that version or should I go through 1
25 > > and 2, also?
26 >
27 > Might as well go for the whole thing.
28
29 See attached patches:
30
31 0001: Desk reference, updated and all issues you raised handled.
32 0002: Some Makefile tweaking (really minor).
33 0003: Use plainurl.bst from the system.
34 0004: Some proper using of the description environment.
35
36 V-Li
39 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
40 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
41
42 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>

0001-Desk-reference-for-quick-look-up.patch text/x-patch
0002-Make-vc.tex-target-depend-on-the-existence-of-vc-git.patch text/x-patch
0003-Use-system-s-plainurl.bst.patch text/x-patch
0004-Make-item-recognise-its-optional-argument.patch text/x-patch