From: Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms <gentoo-pms@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Clarify line continuation in make.defaults
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:05:58
1 This patch fixes a fairly small issue, but one that "got" me enough
2 times, while writing a PMS-compatible tool, to make me want to patch.
3
4 The wording on how a quoted string might continue over more than one
5 line is only barely enough to grasp its meaning. It requires some deep
6 logical thought to figure out what's actually meant here, so I've
7 added a little bit of extra explanation.
8
9 I found that nano set to COLUMNS=107 produced word wrapping similar to
10 the rest of the file, but let me know if I missed other formatting
11 rules I ought to know about.
14 Jacob
15
16 "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
17 from the beginning of the world until now — and never
18 to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
19 short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
20 elect those days will be shortened."
21
22 Are you ready?

profiles.tex.patch application/octet-stream