From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:56:00
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:32:45 +0200
Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
> After last discussion on #gentoo-portage, I'm submitting a proposal > on rephrasing *DEPEND descriptions in the PMS. The idea is to state > better when and whether these are actually installed.
This isn't right. There's no guarantee at all for pkg_pretend, for example. It's also wrong to go by "files installed by the ebuild". Think, for example, a package which installs nothing but that creates a user. I also dislike the "rebooted" phrasing for PDEPEND. "Before the package manager finishes the group of installs" is better. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>