From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Rephrasing *DEPEND
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:56:00
1 On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:32:45 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > After last discussion on #gentoo-portage, I'm submitting a proposal
4 > on rephrasing *DEPEND descriptions in the PMS. The idea is to state
5 > better when and whether these are actually installed.
6
7 This isn't right. There's no guarantee at all for pkg_pretend, for
8 example.
9
10 It's also wrong to go by "files installed by the ebuild". Think, for
11 example, a package which installs nothing but that creates a user.
12
13 I also dislike the "rebooted" phrasing for PDEPEND. "Before the package
14 manager finishes the group of installs" is better.
17 Ciaran McCreesh