From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] License for code snippets included in PMS
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:11:11
>>> Could we put all code snippets under some unrestrictive license >>> please? Like CC0-1.0-Universal?
> To be on the safe side I think we should get permission from > everyone who has worked on the code snippets before applying this > patch.
Here's the complete list from git history: ebuild-functions.tex default src_unpack (5 lines): Stephen Bennett, Fernando J. Pereda default src_configure (5 lines): Ciaran McCreesh default src_compile for EAPI 0 (8 lines): Stephen Bennett, Ciaran McCreesh, Fernando J. Pereda default src_compile for EAPI 1 (8 lines): Stephen Bennett, Ciaran McCreesh, Fernando J. Pereda default src_compile for EAPI 2 (5 lines): Ciaran McCreesh default src_install for EAPI 4 (16 lines): Ciaran McCreesh pkg-mgr-commands.tex einstall command (7 lines): Stephen Bennett, Ulrich Müller eclasses.tex EXPORT_FUNCTIONS example (8 lines): Stephen Bennett, Ciaran McCreesh env-saving.listing (21 lines): Ciaran McCreesh Some of the code is of course taken from elsewhere, like ebuild.sh (some of the default phase functions) or skel.ebuild (einstall). And probably anything below 10 nonempty lines is not copyrightable anyway (at least that's the rule the FSF applies). As far as my changes are concerned, I release them under CC0-1.0-Universal. Ulrich