From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] License for code snippets included in PMS
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 14:11:11
1 >>>>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011, Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 >>> Could we put all code snippets under some unrestrictive license
4 >>> please? Like CC0-1.0-Universal?
5
6 > To be on the safe side I think we should get permission from
7 > everyone who has worked on the code snippets before applying this
8 > patch.
9
10 Here's the complete list from git history:
11
12 ebuild-functions.tex
13 default src_unpack (5 lines):
14 Stephen Bennett, Fernando J. Pereda
15
16 default src_configure (5 lines):
17 Ciaran McCreesh
18
19 default src_compile for EAPI 0 (8 lines):
20 Stephen Bennett, Ciaran McCreesh, Fernando J. Pereda
21
22 default src_compile for EAPI 1 (8 lines):
23 Stephen Bennett, Ciaran McCreesh, Fernando J. Pereda
24
25 default src_compile for EAPI 2 (5 lines):
26 Ciaran McCreesh
27
28 default src_install for EAPI 4 (16 lines):
29 Ciaran McCreesh
30
31 pkg-mgr-commands.tex
32 einstall command (7 lines):
33 Stephen Bennett, Ulrich Müller
34
35 eclasses.tex
36 EXPORT_FUNCTIONS example (8 lines):
37 Stephen Bennett, Ciaran McCreesh
38
39 env-saving.listing (21 lines):
40 Ciaran McCreesh
41
42 Some of the code is of course taken from elsewhere, like ebuild.sh
43 (some of the default phase functions) or skel.ebuild (einstall).
44 And probably anything below 10 nonempty lines is not copyrightable
45 anyway (at least that's the rule the FSF applies).
46
47 As far as my changes are concerned, I release them under
48 CC0-1.0-Universal.
49
50 Ulrich