From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Rename?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 16:09:18
1 On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 12:02:34 -0400
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > On 09/21/2013 10:28 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > >
6 > > I've repeatedly been contacted by devs who are unhappy with the
7 > > abbreviation "PMS" because of the results that show up in search
8 > > engines [1]. I've also seen that it was ridiculed.
9 >
10 > This name collision is unfortunate but if you google for "gentoo pms"
11 > or variations, you do get the correct hits. So, are we changing it
12 > just to refine searches?
13
14 Searching for "gentoo" gets me information on penguins and a property
15 company. I seriously doubt that Gentoo developers have any difficulties
16 using a search engine properly.
19 Ciaran McCreesh