From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Moving PMS hosting
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 05:58:03
1 >>>>> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > As previously discussed,
4
5 Where did such a discussion take place? I'm not aware of any. (Or do
6 you mean the one back in April, buried in the tread "Patches for your
7 reviewing pleasure"? Its outcome was different.)
8
9 > I've created a Github repo which you can find at:
10
11 > http://github.com/ciaranm/pms
12
13 You shouldn't take such hasty and single-handed decisions. That you
14 got your bugzilla access suspended has nothing to do with the PMS
15 project.
16
17 The question is really what we want PMS to be. If it should be the
18 authoritative document describing package manager behaviour and repo
19 layout, then there's no alternative to hosting on Gentoo infra. If you
20 want it to decline to a "man page" (read the log of the last council
21 meeting), then go ahead and move it to Github.
22
23 So please reconsider.
24
25 > Any volunteers to update the project page and ebuilds? I'll ask
26 > infra to remove the hosting on overlays.g.o once those're done to
27 > avoid confusion.
28
29 If such a thing took place, it would be enough reason for me to resign
30 from the PMS project.
31
32 Ulrich