From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionals
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:07:05
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:50:48 +0100
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> [...]
There are better mechanisms available, and they have zero cost since they've already been implemented.
> > What's wrong with leaving something that's already there in place > > for a while longer? > > It makes the LaTeX source almost unreadable in some places, and > therefore makes working with it more difficult.
Then ask the Council for permission to turn it on unconditionally. Having said that, the people who have done the majority of the most recent changes haven't had any particular difficulty with the conditionals.
> And please specify what timeframe you mean by "a while". Weeks, > months, years?
Two major releases is almost certainly less than six months. Or, if you prefer, I can guarantee that the removal warning will be in a release that will come out no later than a week after EAPI 4 goes live, and that the removal can go ahead three months after that. -- Ciaran McCreesh