From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 5
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 09:11:12
> * Support for package.mask, package.use, package.use.force, package.use.mask, > use.force and use.mask as directories (bug #282296) > * globstar shell option enabled by default (bug #414811)
As vapier has pointed out, this option doesn't exist in bash-3.2. I think that it's clear that we have to stick with this bash version for EAPI 5 at least. Besides, I remember that in previous discussions (about extglob and noglob IIRC) it was argued that they should stay at their default, and that the ebuild should handle them via eshopts_{push,pop} if needed. This is following the principle of least surprise.
> * REPOSITORY variable in ebuild environment (bug #414813) > * Repository dependencies (bug #414815)
What would be the usage case for these? It would imply that an ebuild could behave differently when it's moved from an overlay to the main tree. Do we really want this?