From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 5
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 09:11:12
1 >>>>> On Sun, 6 May 2012, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
2
3 > * Support for package.mask, package.use, package.use.force, package.use.mask,
4 > use.force and use.mask as directories (bug #282296)
5 > * globstar shell option enabled by default (bug #414811)
6
7 As vapier has pointed out, this option doesn't exist in bash-3.2.
8 I think that it's clear that we have to stick with this bash version
9 for EAPI 5 at least.
10
11 Besides, I remember that in previous discussions (about extglob and
12 noglob IIRC) it was argued that they should stay at their default, and
13 that the ebuild should handle them via eshopts_{push,pop} if needed.
14 This is following the principle of least surprise.
15
16 > * REPOSITORY variable in ebuild environment (bug #414813)
17 > * Repository dependencies (bug #414815)
18
19 What would be the usage case for these? It would imply that an ebuild
20 could behave differently when it's moved from an overlay to the main
21 tree. Do we really want this?
22
23 > * Support for make.defaults, package.use, package.use.force,
24 > package.use.mask, use.force and use.mask placed directly in
25 > ${repository_path}/profiles (bug #414817)
26
27 > The code for these features already exists in Portage, so it would be sufficient
28 > to update EAPI checks in some places.
29
30 Ulrich