From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Fill column
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:39:42
1 >>>>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > Oh heck no. There's no excuse for using 70 or 80 columns for source
4 > code any more. My old laptop can fit 100 across the screen
5 > comfortably, which is much cleaner to work with.
6
7 Some people use several windows side by side, and the natural width of
8 these windows is 80 columns because almost all code adheres to it.
9
10 And we are talking about LaTeX source code that is mostly human
11 readable language. Readability suffers if lines have more than 60 or
12 70 characters.
13
14 Ulrich