From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:14:25

Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:

> On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 21:33:39 +0200 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote: > > > So what I'd like to be able to do is have it say "see section > > > [funcs.src_unpack.3]" rather than "see section", and then > > > when we have a labelled section, lay it out something like: > > > > What is possible is to reference the heading of the section and > > even the name from \label. Displaying the label names in the > > margin should be feasible, too, as far as I remember. > > That would be helpful.
Ok, I will investigate and present some working code snippets so everyone knows how to handle that.
> > > I realise this is somewhat getting away from your original patch. > > > But I strongly suspect that the cheat sheet will be a lot more > > > useful if it has references to exactly what the new src_unpack is, > > > for when people need to look it up -- and it would help if people > > > didn't have to print out a new cheatsheet to get valid section > > > references every time we tweak the wording in such a way that the > > > section numbers change... > > > > Correct, but a task I can't handle in the near future, I can give > > some advise though and someone labelling all appropriate paragraphs > > would do the biggest part. They should have a naming scheme like: > > eapi4:<function>:<name> where function is something like > > install|phase|etc. > > Yeah, that'd work. > > I'm wondering what our best merge strategy is here. I'm inclined to > think we're best off fixing all the labels on the eapi-3 branch (even > if we can't get them displayed or used for named references just yet), > rebasing that onto master (not much has diverged) once we have the > go-ahead from the Council either next meeting or the one after > (probably...) and then doing the cheat-sheet with EAPI 3 included on > top of that.
That sounds ok to me. Getting those labels in is the most important that should be feature wise for every feature listed in appendix E. Volunteers?
> Or were you particularly desperate to get the cheat-sheet in for EAPI > 2?
No, a version has been announced and is available for download. So no haste here. What time frame do you expect to approve EAPI 3? V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review) Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>