From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Minor corrections
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:30:25
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:42:11 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
> Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>: > > >>>>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Christian Faulhammer wrote: > > > > > "ill defined" sounds not nice(TM) to me, so I still vote for a > > > different wording, not for the intention. "volatile" seemed > > > suitable to me but I may be convinced to a different vocabulary. > > > > How about "indeterminate"? Or pick another synonym from this list: > > <> > > I went with indeterminate.
Please revert that. Your change is at best grammatically questionable, and it means something entirely different to "ill-defined". You still haven't convinced me that there's anything in any way hostile about the original wording, anyway: ill-defined adj. Not defined clearly or distinctly: an ill-defined concept; an ill-defined view across the foggy moor. All that implies is that "what Portage does" is not defined clearly or distinctly, which is exactly the case. -- Ciaran McCreesh