From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] REPLACING_VERSIONS
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 07:01:43
1 Anyway, another dev has also complained that the cheat sheet's wording
2 for these variables would not be clear enough.
3
4 A new attempt is included below, please review. (If you suggest a new
5 wording, I'd really like it not to exceed 5 lines in the PDF output.)
6
7 --- a/eapi-cheatsheet.tex
8 +++ b/eapi-cheatsheet.tex
9 @@ -205,9 +205,9 @@ nonetheless.
10 \item[\code{PROPERTIES}] Is mandatory for all package managers now
11 to support interactive installs.
12 \item[\code{REPLACING\_VERSIONS}, \code{REPLACED\_BY\_VERSION}]
13 - For corner cases in upgrade paths those variables can be defined
14 - in \code{pkg\_*} functions to define a package version that is
15 - replaced by or is the replacement for the current one.
16 + These variables, valid in \code{pkg\_*}, contain a list of all
17 + versions (\code{PVR}) of this package that we are replacing, and
18 + the version that is replacing the current one, respectively.
19 See \featureref{replace-version-vars}.
20 \item[\code{MERGE\_TYPE}] This variable contains one of three
21 possible values to allow checks if it is normal merge with