From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 3 branch could use some reviewing
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:49:55

Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:31:26 +0200 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote: > > The explanations of the slot operators are a bit hard to read, > > maybe rephrasing (and splitting in more sentences) is the way to go > > here. > > I suspect those're hard to read because people are expecting a > user-centric description of what they're for, rather than a package > manager centric description of how they behave.
But also package manager coders are humans (at least the last time I checked), and apart from accuracy a technical documentation needs readability in its own special way. I wrote enough "scientific" and technical documents to be sure that small, easy to understand sentences are better. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 3 branch could use some reviewing Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>