From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 3 branch could use some reviewing
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:59:41
1 On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:49:44 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4 > > On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:31:26 +0200
5 > > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > The explanations of the slot operators are a bit hard to read,
7 > > > maybe rephrasing (and splitting in more sentences) is the way to
8 > > > go here.
9 > >
10 > > I suspect those're hard to read because people are expecting a
11 > > user-centric description of what they're for, rather than a package
12 > > manager centric description of how they behave.
13 >
14 > But also package manager coders are humans (at least the last time I
15 > checked), and apart from accuracy a technical documentation needs
16 > readability in its own special way. I wrote enough "scientific" and
17 > technical documents to be sure that small, easy to understand
18 > sentences are better.
19
20 Actually, looking at that... I don't really see anything off about it.
21 Which bit specifically don't you like?
24 Ciaran McCreesh