From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] tree-layout.tex small cleanup
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 22:31:27
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:03:34 +0200 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote: > >>>>>>> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote: >>>>>>> >>> If that 900 line diff is 'drop kdebuild', I suggest you don't >>> bother. >>> >> Actually, I think that this would be a good idea. kdebuild was never >> used in the main tree >> > > But it was an official Gentoo project, and it was used in a repository > run by the Gentoo KDE team. Remember that EAPI support is needed to be > able to uninstall a package that was installed with a particular EAPI, > so EAPIs can't be removed even when they're no longer in use.
I can't agree here. While no process exists to remove deprecated EAPI functionality, this sort of thing should be noted in the NEXT EAPI RELEASED and via that method eliminated. This is a specifications document, not a history lesson covering past mistakes. Andrew

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] tree-layout.tex small cleanup Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>