From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] License for code snippets included in PMS
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:01:24
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 15:10:55 +0100
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> Here's the complete list from git history: > Ciaran McCreesh
For anything I wrote from scratch, I'm fine with any licence that allows package manager authors to relicence it under whatever it is they use themselves. Although, because of
> And probably anything below 10 nonempty lines is not copyrightable > anyway (at least that's the rule the FSF applies).
I remain unconvinced that any of this is relevant, and by sticking an explicit licence on the code we're probably just making things worse... -- Ciaran McCreesh