From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] License for code snippets included in PMS
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:01:24
1 On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 15:10:55 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > Here's the complete list from git history:
4 > Ciaran McCreesh
5
6 For anything I wrote from scratch, I'm fine with any licence that
7 allows package manager authors to relicence it under whatever it is
8 they use themselves. Although, because of
9
10 > And probably anything below 10 nonempty lines is not copyrightable
11 > anyway (at least that's the rule the FSF applies).
12
13 I remain unconvinced that any of this is relevant, and by sticking an
14 explicit licence on the code we're probably just making things worse...
17 Ciaran McCreesh