From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Rename?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 14:28:46
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've repeatedly been contacted by devs who are unhappy with the
4 abbreviation "PMS" because of the results that show up in search
5 engines [1]. I've also seen that it was ridiculed.
6
7 So, what would you think about renaming to "Gentoo EAPI
8 Specification"? Project, repository, mailing list etc. could be
9 renamed to "eapi" (lower case or all caps, as appropriate).
10
11 The new name would also match the first paragraph of the introduction
12 (quoted below) and it would clarify that certain aspects of the
13 package manager, like the VDB format that came up recently, do not
14 necessarily fall within the scope of the document.
15
16 | This document aims to fully describe the format of an ebuild
17 | repository and the ebuilds therein, as well as certain aspects of
18 | package manager behaviour required to support such a repository.
19
20 Ulrich
21
22 [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMS