From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:23:19
1 On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 22:14:11 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I'm wondering what our best merge strategy is here. I'm inclined to
4 > > think we're best off fixing all the labels on the eapi-3 branch
5 > > (even if we can't get them displayed or used for named references
6 > > just yet), rebasing that onto master (not much has diverged) once
7 > > we have the go-ahead from the Council either next meeting or the
8 > > one after (probably...) and then doing the cheat-sheet with EAPI 3
9 > > included on top of that.
10 >
11 > That sounds ok to me. Getting those labels in is the most important
12 > part...so that should be feature wise for every feature listed in
13 > appendix E. Volunteers?
14
15 I'm going to be with laptop stuck in the middle of wet, miserable, rainy
16 nowhere and relying upon a very slow and dodgy mobile internet
17 connection over Easter weekend, so that'll give me something to do.
18
19 > > Or were you particularly desperate to get the cheat-sheet in for
20 > > EAPI 2?
21 >
22 > No, a version has been announced and is available for download. So
23 > no haste here. What time frame do you expect to approve EAPI 3?
24
25 We were sort of hoping either next Council meeting or the one after,
26 assuming Portage support is far enough along that we can say for sure
27 which features are going to be in. So that's either a week off or three
28 weeks off, although obviously these things rarely work as planned...
31 Ciaran McCreesh