From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:08:45
1 Dear team,
2
3 some time ago we have already been discussing [1] the possibilities of
4 restricting use flags in a stabilized ebuild.
5
6 Based on the outcome of that thread I've written a patch for PMS, which
7 extends the section on USE masking and forcing.
8
9 It is included in this e-mail, and I would like to submit it for discussion
10 and eventually inclusion in master and eapi-5 branch. As for an
11 implementation, I gathered from Zac that it's not particularly hard to do and
12 that he liked the idea.
13
14 It is certainly possible refine this more. Allowing only EAPI=5 ebuilds in
15 package.use.stable.*, and have the files only take effect there, comes to my
16 mind. However I doubt if these restrictions are really necessary and if a EAPI
17 dependence at this place in the profile makes actually sense.
18
19 Best,
20 Andreas
21
22 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/76536/focus=76545
25 Andreas K. Huettel
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 kde (team lead), sci, tex, arm, printing
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 http://www.akhuettel.de/

0001-Add-specification-for-stable-use-forcing-masking.patch text/x-patch