From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Blockers in any-of groups
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:49:24
1 Hi all,
2 PMS says in [1]: "A blocker is considered to be matched if its
3 associated package dependency specification is not matched."
4
5 So if I want to block against a version range, I would expect the
6 following to work:
7
8 RDEPEND="|| ( !>=app-misc/foo-3 !<=app-misc/foo-5 )"
9
10 For foo-2, the first version specification is not matched, so the ||
11 group should be matched. Similar for foo-6 and the second one. Whereas
12 foo-4 matches both specifications and should be blocked.
13
14 However, Portage doesn't seem to work that way and reports a blocker
15 against foo-6.
16
17 Do I interpret the spec incorrectly, or is it a bug in Portage?
18
19 Ulrich
20
21 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/5/pms.html#x1-790008.2.3