From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Tracking future EAPI things
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:04:39
1 Does anyone else find having a single 'Future EAPI' tracker slightly
2 inconvenient?
3
4 I'd see us better served by having multiple tracker bugs, something
5 like:
6
7 * Unclassified Future EAPI
8 * Distant Future EAPI
9 * Feasibly Considerable for Next EAPI
10 * Active Consideration for EAPI 4
11
12 Bugs would go in as Unclassified. Every now and again the PMS team would
13 then go through and reclassify them (mostly based upon Portage team
14 feedback) as either Distant Future or Feasibly Considerable for Next.
15
16 When we start work on EAPI 4, we'll move some of Feasibly Considerable
17 to Active Consideration. As the process goes on and the list gets
18 narrowed down based upon Council votes and the like, we kick things
19 back to Unclassified Future.
20
21 Or would this be done better using the status whiteboard thing rather
22 than trackers?
25 Ciaran McCreesh