From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] ABNF of PMS
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:28:39
1 >>>>> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013, Walter wrote:
2
3 > Hi there, for anyone who wants a formal (machine parseable) version of
4 > the PMS, I have created an attempted version on Github.
5
6 > Right now it can be used to generate test data for package managers
7 > and other software, though I would like to extend it to generate code
8 > for various languages as well.
9
10 > You can find it at https://github.com/globalcitizen/gentoo-pms-abnf
11
12 Could you account for the tightened package name spec? It has been
13 updated some time ago [1]:
14
15 3.1.2 Package Names
16
17 A package name may contain any of the characters [A-Za-z0-9+_-].
18 It must not begin with a hyphen or a plus sign, and must not end in
19 a hyphen followed by anything matching the version syntax described
20 in section 3.2.
21
22 Ulrich
23