From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 5 development branch
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:07:54
On Thu, 10 May 2012 07:19:45 -0700
Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
> On 05/10/2012 02:19 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote: > > On Thu, 10 May 2012 11:04:12 +0200 > > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote: > >> Any particular reason for leaving out "No -j1 for src_test"? It > >> was on your previous list. > > > > I couldn't find -j1 being mandated in the spec, and Portage doesn't > > seem to do it any more. > > Portage still does it (_eapi0_src_test function inside > bin/ If the -j1 isn't mandated then I'll just go > ahead and remove it.
Oh, I missed that. In that case we should probably specifically say -j1 for older EAPIs, and not for EAPI 5. From Exherbo's experience, some packages do break without the -j1, but not very many. IIRC the -j1 got in there originally because two of those packages used to be perl and vim, which were two of the things we looked at when creating src_test. -- Ciaran McCreesh