From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] why is '@' allowed in use flags
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 07:31:44
1 On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 08:26:47AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 22:23:03 -0700
3 > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Anyone know where '@' in use flags came from? Last I knew, the
5 > > intention of '@' was to be used as a seperator/marker for use groups;
6 > > it currently has zero users in gentoo-x86, thus I'm wondering
7 > > where/why it was originally allowed.
8 >
9 > Linguas.
10
11 Fark. Knew I was forgetting to grep somewhere...
12
13 Follow up discussion point; anyone got a character to use for
14 seperating use_expand groups and their members? I'm well aware '_' is
15 used right now, but it's use is nonoptimal- the only way to break down
16 a use_expanded target in IUSE is to know the use_expand grouppings
17 themselves, which is profile defined... a flaw I've hated since day
18 one.
19
20 ~harring